Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Music Marketing Project Reflection

     My music marketing project needed a lot steps in order for it to get done. First we had to set a schedule. Our schedule consisted of who was doing what and when we were going to do it. We each said when we were free to film the video and we agreed on a day. We also asked each other what we would be most interested in doing for the project, for example the research, the editing, or anything else.
     Once we decided when to film, we also chose where. We decided to go to Flanigan's since there's a bar and that was what we needed. When we got there we had some difficulties with being able to use the bar since none of us were of age to drink. Because of that we switched it up a little and instead of having a bartender, we had a waitress.
     When we finished the video that is when we started the powerpoint. We started the research. Emilio and Samuel made the case studies in order to have something to compare our band to. While me and Mariana worked on our slides. Through research I found many websites that reach our specific target audience and can promote our songs/brand. One of these websites was Countrymusichalloffame.org where I found a lot of information about more popular country artists and how they promote their events.
     Another piece of research I found interesting is the history of the bluegrass genre. I learned that bluegrass came many places like Ireland, England, and Scotland in the 1600s. I also learned that the father of bluegrass is from Kentucky which is one of the top states that listens to the most country music.
     What I got from this project is that I learned so much about a genre that I personally have never been interested in. I learned about its origin, its fanbase, and its artists. I also learned about how to promote events and content through different medias in order to reach the target audience for that genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR pt1 -Interview   CCR pt2 -Podcast